Monday, August 24, 2009

Vegetarian Gourmet-- Corn and black bean tacos

No outfit today, either because my outfit contained more spandex than cotton or because I decided to forgo clothing altogether and went about my day in the nude. Think what you will ;)

Anyways, this week's recipe is adapted from a similar recipe in SELF (which I may or may not have ripped out of a magazine at the doctor's office and shoved into my purse before anyone noticed), but, as always, I tweaked it to make it my own. Like, I ommitted the zucchini because zucchini is such a bitch vegetable, right?

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 ears white or yellow corn
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 4 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
  • 8 warm corn tortillas
  • A few sprinkles shredded Mexican cheese


PREPARATION

  1. Steam the 2 ears of corn in a medium-sized pot. This will take about 20 min. After they're done, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the ear. Set them aside.
  2. In the meantime, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add in the garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes.

  3. Add tomatoes; after another 5 minutes add the corn, beans, and cilantro. Cook until everything looks absolutely delicious (like 5 minutes):

4. Split the vegetable filling evenly among the tortillas.

SELF tacos:


Adelaide Stayed tacos (which would look just as good if they had been shot with a professional photographer):

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...