Anyways, this week's recipe is adapted from a similar recipe in SELF (which I may or may not have ripped out of a magazine at the doctor's office and shoved into my purse before anyone noticed), but, as always, I tweaked it to make it my own. Like, I ommitted the zucchini because zucchini is such a bitch vegetable, right?
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ears white or yellow corn
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- A few sprinkles shredded Mexican cheese
- Steam the 2 ears of corn in a medium-sized pot. This will take about 20 min. After they're done, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the ear. Set them aside.
In the meantime, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add in the garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes; after another 5 minutes add the corn, beans, and cilantro. Cook until everything looks absolutely delicious (like 5 minutes):
4. Split the vegetable filling evenly among the tortillas.
Adelaide Stayed tacos (which would look just as good if they had been shot with a professional photographer):