Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25-- the birth of the Guac Soc(k)

I spent the day at Tysons II making my mom buy me things for my room in Boston (where I'll be living in just 2 days' time!!), so I threw on a halter and some jeans. I added a little white bow clip to the middle of the top to dress it up a little bit and also to divert your attention away from the fact that it's several sizes too big. Now you'll never notice!

The back. Strategic cropping was necessary to shield the public from my fat arms:
My boob bow of choice:
After shopping we met my cousin Lyss for dinner at a Tex-Mex restaurant near her new bachelorette pad in Ballston. I strongly recommend Uncle Julio's if you live in NOVA and are looking for spectacular guacamole. I tried to get a picture of it but failed epically. In fact, the only thing I succeeded in doing was getting guacamole all over my camera sock (and by "camera sock" I don't mean one of those cute electronics carrying cases that kind of looks like a sock. Like, I actually carry my camera around in an old white sock. It's usually inside out. Don't judge me).

This southern grammar catastrophe caught my eye as we were strolling through Ballston mall trying to find the parking garage:
I can honestly say that I have never had a stronger urge to photoshop an apostrophe onto a picture in my life. Maybe it can borrow one from the train wreck I found at Smith Mountain Lake last summer:
Welcome to Virginia"" a state that cares, about its public schools;*


top- F21
jeans- Nordstrom
shoes- from france
bow- H&M (I think it's actually a hairbow)
bag- street vendor in NYC
earrings- Eastern Market

*I, actually love: Virginia'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...