Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter outfits are like onions

Today was the first time I've ever worn this dress in the winter (Check out summer stylings here and here). Putting the longer-sleeved top on underneath was pretty random for me. Normally I would have put a cardigan on over it, but in the spirit of trying new things in the new year, I layered the dress over the top. I really don't think I give the concept of layering enough credit. Layering is great! And I actually really like how this turned out.
DSC_0194
Anthro dress; Nordstrom tights; Target boots; H&M top
January 9th 2011
One thing I love about this dress-- how cheap it was! Even though it's from Anthro, I only ended up spending $18 on it.
DSC_0196
I also tried out a winged eye, which I haven't done in awhile. I can never get the wings exactly even, so I end up adding slightly more liner on each eye until I have huge, scary Amy Winehouse eye makeup and I have to take it off and start all over again.

Oh, and you guys get the title, right? Winter outfits are like onions because... they have layers!

2 comments:

Molly Page said...

I tried a cat eye with my liner the other day and it ended tragically. But your success is definitely giving me a nudge to try again.

Love the layers! Yay for multi-season styling!

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

LyddieGal said...

I love cute florals in the winter, and what a great anthro steal!

Chic on the Cheap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...