Monday, December 27, 2010

There is absolutely nothin' like the frame of a dame

Some terrible quality photos of the outfit I wore to the Kennedy Center last week to see South Pacific for my dad's 65th birthday. I'm not really into plays, so when my parents told me I was going to have to sit through a three-hour musical I was practically suicidal. The things I do for that man! Fortunately for me, South Pacific has some incredibly entertaining musical numbers and the three hours flew by in the blink of an eye.
DSC_0122
DSC_0124
The checkered shirt I'm wearing is actually a men's button-down my dad bought for himself in the 70s. When I was in high school he gave it to me (or I stole it out of his closet. Either way it's mine now) and I have been struggling to style it appropriately for years. I think the key piece in this look is the menswear vest because it reigns in the loose shirt and accentuates my, ahem, frame.
DSC_0127
Vintage Levi's men's button down; F21 vest and belt; American Apparel skirt; H&M heels; Talbot's bag
The dad in question.
DSC_0130
And, as an added bonus, my favorite little present under the tree.
DSC_0163
DSC_0160

3 comments:

LyddieGal said...

you look adorable, and so does the pup -awwwwww!
Glad the musical wasn't as bad as you feared.
hope you had a really wonderful christmas!

Chic on the Cheap

Anonymous said...

I've never commented, but I thought it was sweet how you featured your Dad! I hope the career search goes well! I like your outfits, post more! haha selfish I know, since I'm not a contributor, just love all the ideas on WR

Emily said...

Haha thank you two! And I will try to post more. Maybe it'll be one of my resolutions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...